Kika Rocha’s Guide to the Best Holiday Lip Looks
Fashion and Beauty Expert for the Telemundo NBC show “Un Nuevo Día” Kika Rocha is back on A Bullseye View sharing more makeup tips. Check it out below!
Are you ready to kiss and tell? I am! Here’s my latest scoop about the best red lipsticks, glosses and liners at Target. Armed with my red lip tips, you’ll have a perfect pout waiting for someone special under the mistletoe.
How to Apply
1. Before you even think about applying lipstick, try a homemade scrub to soften and prep your lips. I love to use fresh ground coffee, because it’s rich in antioxidants that help plump lips and stimulate circulation. Mix one tablespoon of ground coffee with a little yogurt and honey to create a creamy and delicious paste; then rub it on the lips in a circular motion for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. This is a famous Colombian beauty recipe— divas like Sofía Vergara swear by it. You can also skip the DIY and use NP Set Lip Primer.
2. After your lips are soft and flake-free, define them with a lip liner in a natural shade. Apply it to the center part of the lips and avoid the corners. Fill in the entire mouth with the pencil, and dust with translucent powder before adding lipstick. My top picks are the lip pencils from Boots No 7 in Blush, Plum or Caramel.
3. Using a lip brush, apply lipstick (see my shade guide below) over the lip liner base you just created. Mind the corners of your mouth! One of the best tools found at Target is Sonia Kashuk’s retractable lip brush—I always carry it with me!
4. Once the color is applied, grab a tissue and place it over your lips. Then, use a brush to apply translucent powder once more to set the color. Remove the tissue, and your lips will be ready to kiss and delight! An excellent option is NYX HD Studio Finishing Translucent Powder.
5. To give the illusion of fuller lips, apply a golden shade of lip gloss or even a tiny bit of golden eye shadow above the middle of your lips. Try the Napoleon Perdis NP Set Lipgloss in Gold for a fabulous effect.
6. Here is another tip to make your color last. Grab an ice cube and rub it along your lips. This will prevent the color from bleeding. If you want truly long lasting color, try Maybelline Super Stay Two Step Lip Color—it will last all night long!
How to Find Your Shade
Now that you know how to apply your lipstick, you need to pick your perfect shade of red! Here’s how to choose a dramatic red to turn your lips into the center of attraction:
2. Olive skin tones should always try orange-based reds. The deeper the color of your lipstick the whiter your teeth will look! I love the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolor collection of creamy lipsticks. Heavenly Berry and Raspberry Rush are two my favorite shades!
3. One very popular option that looks gorgeous against darker skin tones is Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lipstick in Raisin Rage. You really can’t go wrong!
A red lip can make you feel ready to conquer the world! Hope you follow my holiday tips and enjoy being a true red-lipped diva.
Feliz Navidad y Año nuevo,